08 December 2014

Wrapping up 2014

2014 is almost done. Things have been going well, except for posting to this blog!

Here's a few highlights:


Go Buffs!

I am now the Head Coach for the University of Colorado Boulder Cycling Team and coach all disciplines:  Road, Track, MTB, and Cyclocross. It was quite an adventure this fall working with the MTB team. I had to learn a lot new faces and get a handle on the gravity discipline. I had a lot of fun and made some strides towards "professionalizing" or "varsity-izing" the program. This was a learning season for me with MTB, but now I feel like I have a good handle on things.

The team had a great season winning both the RMCCC Team Title (conference) and National Team Title. We're the first "club team" to win a national team omnium in the last five years in either division and in any discipline! Kind of a big deal, that's 46 consecutive national team omniums (or is it omnia?) won by varsity teams.




Rapha Gentlemen's Race

I was lucky enough to get included on a team for the Rapha Gentlemen's Race in August. I rode with the Boulder Cycle Sport Team and it was a fun, long day on the bike:  104 miles, 13,000+ft of climbing. Good times! More...

Other than that its been a lot of the same:  riding, coaching, living the dream in Boulder, CO.

Looking forward to 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment